Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fiction or Non-Fiction . . . That Was The Question

until about 11:30pm last night. I was lying on the couch at the parsonage, and the 11:00 news had just wrapped up. I needed a distraction before bed. I had thought ahead while packing and remembered to bring a copy of TWILIGHT that my dear friend had loaned to me. I thought to myself, "I'll read the first chapter really quick; just to see if it is going to be any good." Bad idea. See, once I get into a book, really into it, I can't put it down. This book had me from the first chapter and the next thing I know it is, wait for it, 6:30 in the morning! I did manage to get in about 1 hour of sleep before I had to get up for church. I then, shamefully, continued to read the book on the way to our first church service. Then if that is not bad enough, I nearly finished the book during the entire 1 1/2 hour drive back to Wilmore! Totally awesome book. I can't wait for the movie to come out. NOVEMBER 21st!!! Strong story line, great character development. Ahhhh, young vampire love!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

And you a pastor's wife. Reading such drivel. You should be ashamed.


I wonder if I can find the book this weekend. LOL!

NTSS Montgomery said...

Yeah!! I love that you read it. You are now a Twilight Mom. :) I knew you would love them and be hooked. Can't wait to see what you think of the other books now.

Amy said...

Well, my friend just dropped off the other three books! Looks like it will be about 3 days before I get any sleep.

Just Wedeminute said...

These books are so addictive! Are you going to see the movie at the end of the month?

Michelle said...

I am going to get the book ASAP! I am SO PROUD that you've opened your mind to "drivel" and am looking forward to trying some of your "non-drivel" suggestions...
Ps. Love and miss you tons!

Unknown said...

It took my 4 days to read the first 3 and then I had to wait for the 4th one to come out! My poor children and house were severely neglected! I love Stephenie Meyers..."The Host" is really good too!