Monday, October 27, 2008

Some People Have No Class

What a day! I wasn't in my classroom today, but I was definitely at work. That's right, folks. The two words that evoke the most mixed emotions in the teaching profession - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. I personally love professional development - because I love learning. On the other hand, I'm what my family calls a control freak, OCD, anal retentive, etc. (and that's just my husband), so leaving a sub in charge is very difficult for me. Additionally, one can never be completely sure that the PD will be worth your time. This one, thankfully, was well worth the time and money (well, the school district's money). Wonderful presenter, awesome location, and highly relevant material. It's one of those conferences I come away from excited to get back to school and implement what I learned. Alas, I will have to wait. I will not have students tomorrow, and the rest of the week is already planned out - and of course, Halloween is Friday so you can imagine the interest level of the kiddos! My new found wealth of knowledge will have to be contained until next week! (I hope my brain doesn't explode before then.)

No comments: