Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Return of the Mini-Van Mom

That's right people - I'm driving a mini-van again and loving it. And no, Michelle, it does not make me feel old! We got a really good deal on a 2000 Toyota Sienna. There was a family on campus trying to sell their van before leaving to head home to Korea (today). We really needed more space, especially for traveling to Dry Ridge once a week, and any trips back to Oklahoma we might be able to make. (Don't get excited, okies, we don't have plans anytime soon!) We are planning on selling the Avalon, so we should be able to recoup all the money we spent on the van - hopefully a little extra. Like I said, it was a really good deal. The boys love it. It has one of those automatic side doors, so they get to pretend they are using "the force" to open and close it! Mark and I already like it because it has captain's seats for the boys - quite a nice space between them now!

On a somewhat different note, we are still in the process of deciding whether to move into the parsonage in Dry Ridge this coming summer. (Actually, the parsonage is in Jonesville, and Dry Ridge is the closest town.) We love it here in Wilmore, but we really long to be closer to our churches - and when you're a poor seminary family, it seems almost stupid to pass up free housing (including utilities). I, of course, would have to quit my job, but I could try to get a job in Grant County. A member of our congregation teaches 3rd grade there and I'm sure she could help me out. My mentor teacher this year also knows the Grant County Superintendent and offered to help me get on there if we ever decided to move. So those are all positives. It is a very small area. It would take us about 20-25 minutes to get to the nearest anything. And our neighbors are a little worrisome - very rough around the edges - and we think the church has had problems with them. Obviously, right now, we are leaning heavily toward moving. Both Mark and I can really see our family there. Please be in prayer for us as we consider what God would have us to do.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Go for it. You need to experience parsonage living before you move home. :)